Prof. Franceschi graduated in Medicine and Surgery and Specialized in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart of Rome.
In 1995 he was Visiting Fellow at the Sports Medicine Division, Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital, Toronto (Canada), at the Sports Medicine Division, Tampa University, Florida (Usa) and in 1998 at the Presbyterian Hospital in Saint Antonio (Usa).
In 2000 he became a university researcher at the Biomedical Campus University of Rome, and until 2004 he was in service as an orthopedic consultant for the I.U.S.M. (University Institute of Sport Sciences).
Since 1998 he has been Adjunct Professor of the School of Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology of the Campus Biomedical University of Rome and since the same year he has worked as an external orthopedic consultant, F.A.S. (Vatican State Health Care).
Since 2016 he has been Head of UOS for Upper and Lower Limb Surgery at the Campus Bio-Medico University Hospital, Rome.
Since 2019 he is orthopedic consultant for Virtus Roma.
Education and Training
Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Rome on 10/22/90
Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Rome on 18/07/95
Order of Surgeons of the Province of Rome
First and second level university professor.
Specialist in Sport’s Medicine and Prosthetic Surgery:
• 100 treatment interventions for meniscal lesions per year
• 80 operations of arthroscopic reconstructions of the anterior and posterior cruciate ligament per year
• 70 arthroscopic / open capsuloplastics (Latarjet) shoulder instability per year
• 150 arthroscopic cuff sutures of the rotators of the shoulder per year
• expert in cartilage implantation methods
• knee arthroplasty implants (about 250 per year)
• hip arthroplasty implants (about 70 per year)
• shoulder arthroplasty implants (inverse / anatomical about 150 per year)
With the group of Collaborators Department of Upper and Lower Limb Surgery:
• knee arthroplasty implants (about 300 per year)
• hip arthroplasty implants (inverse / anatomical about 150 per year)
• shoulder arthroplasty implants (inverse / anatomical about 200 per year)
He is a member of the following Scientific Societies:
• Italian Arthroscopy Company (Councilor)
• Italian Orthopedics And Traumatology Society
• Regal Group (Regional Group Of Arthroscopists Of Lazio)
• International Member Of The A.A.N.A. (Arthroscopy Association Of North America)
• Delegate Of The Italian Arthroscopy Company for relations with ESSKA companies
• Ordinary Member Of The Secec Company (European Shoulder Surgery) and Member of The Research Committee
• Ordinary Member Of The Isakos Company (international knee and shoulder surgery) – member of the Upper Limb Committee
Speaker And Instructor in the main national and international companies in particular: ISAKOS, AAOS, SIA, SIOT.
• Moderator at ISAKOS in Shanghai (Superior Capsular Recostruction session)
• Speaker at ISAKOS in Shanghai (Rotator Cuff Injury session)
• AAOS 2017 symposium in San Diego
He has performed more than 150 presentations at major national and international conferences
Reviewer of the magazine: The Arthroscopy Journal
Associate editor of Journal of Orthopedic Surgery and Research
Associate editor KSSTA JOURNAL
Winner of the J. Hughston award for the year 2008 as author of the best article published in 2007 in the journal: American Journal of Sports Medicine
Author of more than 200 works on arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery, illustrated at national and international conferences and published in international journals.