Enrico Gervasi, 62 years old in April 2019, graduated in 1981, orthopedist.
For over 17 years I have directed Orthopedics and Traumatology at the hospital in Latisana (UD), in the last two also that of Palmanova (Friuli Venezia Giulia).
I am the President of the Italian Society of Arthroscopy (SIA).
It is a privilege for the history it represents, for the international awards, for the successes given by the initiatives of its young leaders.
Shoulder surgery is the super-specialist field of orthopedics for which I am known.
For me it is work and pleasure.
I am passionate about teaching, the development of surgical techniques.
I have traveled to various countries and continents to disclose them.
I have registered patents for prostheses, instruments, medical devices.
I have had teachers to whom I will always be grateful.
From 2004 to 2016, teaching activities at the University of Udine, Specialization School in Orthopedics and Traumatology, supplementary course of “Shoulder Pathologies”, University of Udine, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery.
From 2005-6 to 2011-2012 teaching activity at the University of Trieste, Specialization School in Orthopedics and Traumatology, supplementary course of “Shoulder Surgery” University of Trieste.
Over 300 interventions / year by 1st operator, many of them of very high surgery and revision surgery (failures of previous procedures)
He is the author of numerous books on national and international articles.
He is the depositary of the following patents:
• “Medical Device To Support A Limb” Deposit 18-05-2007 n ° UD 2007 A 000085 International classification A61B
• Humeral implant for a shoulder prosthesis US 20160051367 A15 July 2012
• Tendon Transfer Device (NCS Lab)
Dr. Gervasi is:
• President in office of the Italian Society of Arthroscopy (S.I.A.)
• Vice President of the Italian Society of Arthroscopy (S.I.A.) 2015-2017
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Italian Society of Arthroscopy (2007-2011)
• Member of the Didactic Commission of the Italian Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (2007-2010)
• Member of the Board of Directors of the S.E.R.T.O.T. 2006-2007
• International member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) since 2008
• International member of ESSKA since 2011
• Member of SIOT since 2002
• Member of the Editorial Board of the indexed scientific journal, international MLTJCourse Chairman of the bi-annual “International Meeting” of S.I.A. in the editions of 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016.