Prof. Cosimo Tudisco specializes in Orthopedics and Traumatology and Sports Medicine.
During his long professional career, he did teaching for the School of Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology, in Sports Medicine and Coordinator of the Degree Course in Muscoloskeletal Disease in the English Medical Degree of the University of Tor Vergata, for which he led courses on the following specializations: sports traumatology, muscle-tendon pathology, arthroscopy, tendon pathology of the lower limb, pathology of the knee and shoulder, and child orthopedics.
He is an orthopedic consultant at the US Embassy in Rome.
He holds the role of Associate Professor of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University of Tor Vergata and the role of FIGC Federal Doctor as Traumatologist of the National Youth Teams.
He also directs the Sports Traumatology Operating Unit at the University Hospital of Tor Vergata.
He has extensive clinical and research experience in laboratories, national and international university clinical departments.
Since 1981 he has participated in over 100 national and international scientific conferences
He has over 140 papers published in national and international journals.
Prof. Cosimo Tudisco is expert in:
• Sports traumatology
• Anterior cruciate ligament
• Child traumatology
• Knee prosthesis
• Hip prosthesis
• Head of the Simple Operative Unit of Sports Traumatology at the University Hospital of Tor Vergata, Rome (2008-present)
• Federal Doctor as Traumatologist Responsible for one of the National Teams (1990-present)
• Orthopedic consultant for specialist surgical services at the Israelite Hospital in Rome (2003-2008)
• First level manager (ex hospital aid) at the San Eugenio Hospital in Rome (2001)
• Civil Medical Consultant for the specialist service in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Main Military Hospital “S. Ten. Med. Attilio Friggeri” at the Celio in Rome (1987-1997)
Member of the Reading committee of the EPOS (European Pediatric Orthopedic Society) (1998-2003)
Chairman of the Reading committee of the EPOS (European Pediatric Orthopedic Society) (2004-2005)
• Didactic activity at the Chair of Pathology of the Locomotor Apparatus of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of Catanzaro, University of Reggio Calabria (1986-1992)
• He did teaching at the Chair of Orthopedic Clinic of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of Catanzaro, University of Reggio Calabria (1992-1996)
• He did teaching at the Chair of Hand Surgery of the Tor Vergata University of Rome (1996-1999)
• Aggregate Professor of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Tor Vergata University of Rome (2006-2015)
• Delegate Appointed by the Rector for the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the Tor Vergata University of Rome, commission for the implementation of Law 104/92 (Commission for the Disabled)
• Delegate Appointed by the Rector for Social Responsibility of the University, Tor Vergata University of Rome (2014-present)
• Associate Professor of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Tor Vergata University of Rome (2015-present)
• Coordinator of the Integrated Course in “Musculoskeletal Diseases” in the Degree Course in Medicine and Surgery in English, University of Rome Tor Vergata (2015-present)
Member of scientific societies
• Italian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology (SIOT)
• Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Southern and Insular Italy (SOTIMI)
• Italian Sports Medical Federation (FMSI)
• Italian Society of Pediatric Orthopedics (SITOP)
• European Pediatric Orthopedic Society (EPOS)
• Italian Society of Arthroscopy (SIA)